Saturday, August 21, 2010

Finally! 08/21/10

199lbs
I have finally broken my plateau, maybe? I am just having a hard time believing it. My weight had been stuck at just over 200lbs for weeks. I am fully aware that I have an unhealthy obsession with my scale but when your working hard ever day to lose weight you can’t help but want to see those numbers drop. Previously I had made a very realistic goal with my trainer to be under 200lbs by my birthday (June 12th) and I only reached 214lbs. I was so disappointed but resigned myself to the fact that it would happen in time. By about the middle of July I had reached 201lbs and I was beyond excited. I thought for sure that within days I would no longer have to look at that ugly 200lb marker on my scale. A week went by and then another. The scale went up a two pounds then down one and then up another three. I refined my meals and put in extra cardio time at the gym just waiting for that stupid scale of mine to say 199lbs. I became so discouraged and whinny driving my trainer and husband crazy with complaints.  The only thing I did know for certain was that I wasn’t giving up. I am still uncertain what my target weight will be but I knew that 200lbs wasn’t it. I didn’t even think of going back to my old junk food gorging ways.  Three days ago I looked down at the scale and there it was, 199lbs. Did I jump for joy, call my husband with delight, text my trainer or even post it on Facebook? Nope! I stepped off, gave it a good shake, stepped back on and looked again. Yup, it says 199lbs but will it tell me that again tomorrow? The next day it read 201lbs, which ironically enough didn’t upset me this time.  So you’ll never guess what I did when I woke up this morning. Of course I weighed myself, 199lbs! Ok I believe it and feel encouraged that my hard work will continue to pay off.  Within time I WILL reach all my goals.

1 comment:

  1. Jen you are such an inspiration for all of us women, but especially stay at home mothers, who fall into patterns of unhealthy eating and have little time to themselves to work out. Carving out the time and making the commitment to be a better you will have a resounding impact on you as a mom and in your girls lives too. Seeing their mother with a positive body image, happy with preparing nutritional, tasty meals and taking care of her needs is exactly what they need to foster their own healthy ideas about their bodies. You are amazing! Keep it going! j.nelson

    ReplyDelete