Friday, August 20, 2010

Today in review 08/20/10

The morning went very smoothly, everyone was up , dressed and fed, with the my big girls backpacks and homemade lunches in hand and out the door on time for the school bus.  Then I sat and enjoyed my usual favorite breakfast of plain Greek  yogurt, fresh blueberries and granola (Cascadian Farms Organic Maple Brown Sugar) while the twins played.  I was so grateful not to feel as tired this morning as I had all this past week and was looking forward to my workout. I am a member of the Richmond Hill YMCA and I’ve got to tell you, “I Love that place!” The people (both staff and members) are friendly, inspiring and encouraging. I decided to change things up and try a Step class today after I did a 25 minute warm-up on the elliptical and fun Zumba class. Hey, I get two hours of childwatch a day for the twins and I am going to use it. I found both Zumba and Step challenging for me not just because you get tired from moving moving moving but because it forces you to move in a way my body is not accustom to. I felt very satisfied and even energized when I was done.  I’ve been consistently going to the gym a minimum of 3 times a week since February but most recently I go as often as 6 times a week because it makes me feel so good.  I am not saying I love the elliptical, the treadmill or anything else in the gym for that matter but I love how I feel after I’ve done a hard workout. It was a great day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment